Wednesday 11 January 2012

Have you had your Green Monster Today?




Not that kind of Monster. The kind that is a smoothie and you have spinach or kale as part of the ingredients. I myself have tried 3 different kinds so far. But only got 2 pictures. Sorry still trying to remember to take pic's of what I'm eating.




This is from the weekend. In my lovely Magic Bullet. I Love my Magic Bullet by the way. 

  •  1/2 cup of 0% Greek Honey Yogurt (PC)
  • 1 cup of Van unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 tbs BP
  • And a handful of spinach
I have to say I really did like this. I wasn't sure about the adding the whole spinach thing to my smoothies. But I would have it again. I tend to have smoothies often. I use Greek yogurt allot because I struggle with getting enough protein in my breakfast. I don't eat eggs. And I have tried different protein powders and they all upset my stomach. Even the vegan ones. So I stick with the Greek yogurt.
My first Green Monster smoothie didn't stay long because I tried it with a vegan protein powder. And I'll spare you the details. Lets just say it didn't agree with me.


My 2nd attempt at a Green Monster today. It was very sad and not so green. So I put it in a green travel mug to try and make up for it.
  • 1cup of  0% Greek Plain Yogurt
  • 1cup of Berries
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 cup of Van almond milk
  • 1 handful of spinach
This was didn't work out so well. I even had to add water to smooth it out. It was drinkable. Not the worst thing I've had. But I don't recommend this one.  I will try and come up with something else. And lately I'm craving dark chocolate. Maybe I can throw something like that in.


No comments:

Post a Comment