Friday 6 January 2012

Experimenting with Fitness

Today was TRX day! If you don't know what TRX is. It was developed for Navy Seals to be able to train any where. All the equipment you need is the two straps along with your body and you get a full body work out.
It is definitely a good work out. and you can adjusted to your capability. I was nervous that I wouldn't be strong enough to do this. Some of the moves where difficult but she always had modifications for every level.
The downside to TRX is. At my club it is done in cycles. A cycle runs for 6 weeks and you go twice a week on designated days. This is not included in the membership cost of the gym.  And it is an added cost for each cycle. To me and most people I have talked to about it, it is expensive. 
But I highly recommend a free trial if it is offered. It is a fantastic work out. And if a team atmosphere is what you like. And you like the structure of a cycle it is offered in. You can decide for yourself if it is worth signing up.


But what am I going to do? You might be asking.


 I have weighed the pros and con's. And even though I like it for now my pocket book wins and I'm going to be passing on this cycle any way. I'm going to continue my run program and classes that are included in my membership. 
Over all it has been a good week. I stayed away from fast food. And I tried something new.
Next weeks goals are to work on my Time management with gym and my meals. To get 3 days in with my run program.

No comments:

Post a Comment